Sunday 19 July 2015

Oringen Day One

On the way to the start I got a wiff of that european forest smell and it was glorious.

I was super stoked to get into some scandi terrain again, last time being at Oringen 8 years ago. Wasn't quite sure whether I should race it or just get into the terrain and make sure I could orienteer.

Decided to take it chilledish and navigate properly. Got a bit of a fright on the way to number 2, I stopped short and didn't really know where I was. My minuteman came through and saved the day :P

I wasn't reading ahead much and didn't make any big route choices really. Kinda just went straight, picking up features on the way and getting stuck in slow marshes quite a bit, was knee deep in some, waste deep in others. Went straight on the long leg which probs wasn't the greatest. Went tgrough some scattered open twice; also slow going.

Saw Olli Ojanaho on the way to 8 and tucked in behind the junior champ for a bit.

Map with route;




The terrain is awesome! The vibe is pretty sweet too. I definitely recommend giving oringen a crack, 10/10 would do again.

Might have the slowest second last control but holding thumbs for the finish split. Splits should be up soon.

Day One; Name the famous Orienteer



Bonus picture: name the guy wearing the south african shirt.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tove and pass. ;)

lorrieq said...

Devastating finish split

Black Mamba said...

I know :'( pretty sure I'm second for the whole o-ringen tho. But will have to try harder tomorrow

iPengo said...

Olav Lundanes and pass