Wednesday 22 July 2015

Boras City Sprint


The national team members could run the same city sprint that the H21 and W21 Elites could run. I was very keen to have a crack at some sprint. My legs not so much.

I've been spending a bit of time with some Irish JWOC girls, who are pretty cool and have loads of high energy. Roisin Long was also running the sprint, so after figuring out we needed to be in quarantine, Cliona, Niamh, Miranda and I headed to the city, scoring a free bus ride on the way in. Somewhat due to my charm and good looks, maybe due to Roisin's chubby cheeks but most probably because my card wasn't working and the bus driver being generous.

Quarantine was interesting. Increasing any nerves I had. But it was really good to get that feeling again before WOC.

The race was decent. The first half nice and technical, second half a bit of a run.
I had a few hesitations, ofcourse, one or two bad route choices and one mistake to 5.

4 and 6 were quite interesting. They should go up on www.routechoice.co ;) here's the map:


Sorry about quality, not much I can do about that.

Day Two Answer:
Olle Bostrom, Eskil Kinneberg was also in the photo.

Boras sprint photo comp:




2 comments:

Richard Lund said...

Roisin and Niamh

Unknown said...

Elena Roos and Florian Howald?