Wednesday 31 July 2013

Everyone has arrived

So finally everyone has arrived at our hotel. They seemed to be taking the security "issue" quite seriously and so they all went off together to run up the river. I think that some people were going to run up the mountain that it quite close. I decided not to until I am finished racing as it seems to be at least 400m of climb.

It has cooled down a bit today, but with the clouds overhead it is still very humid. At this time of year it doesn't rain in Cali and so although there are often clouds overhead, they usually make way for the sun sometime during the day. I ran my final track session today, just some easy strides and I am hoping to rest before the competition actually starts. I have been having a few problems with my right calf (just a knot) but my main problem has been my left foot which seems to be compensating for it. Some K tape and it seems to feel a bit better although I didn't feel it while I was running with my sprint shoes this morning.

It is rather inconvenient that we have to travel half an hour to get food for lunch and supper. It might mean that we miss the gymnastics tonight where Bianca will be competing again. She had a solid second place in the qualifier today, so she should come away with a medal.

Being part of team South Africa certainly has its perks. On friday (and saturday) I will have a physio travelling with me. The plan is just to cool down well and have an ice bath in preparation for the race on saturday. Definitely nothing that I have ever experienced before, so I am looking forward to it.


Start Lists and all other tracking etc can be found here: http://wg2013.orienteering.org/

Ultimate Frisbee between USA and Japan

Jujitsu

World games plaza

Group gymnastics [Hardcore!]

No comments: