Thursday 11 August 2011

Training for WOC

Sorry about the apparent information blackout. I think that we have all been pretty busy with other things after coming home late from training and driving around.

The maps here are really detailed, it's incredible how difficult it is to run quickly through the terrain without completely losing your place and being forced to relocate. Murray Strain put it nicely when he said that you can know exactly where you are, walk 20m and no longer know where you are any more. It was a challenge for me on La Revard yesterday where I was a bit too concerned about following some elephant tracks. Needless to say, one incredibly straight road had me confused so badly that I ran north until I recognised something.

We have been enjoying the local scenery and food. Nic seems to have an obsession with pain au chocolat and Jeremy often sits down to try and find four leaf clovers.





We are all looking forward to the start of WOC on saturday (for Nic) and on sunday (for Jeremy and I). I can perhaps say that I am pretty scared of the forest.. However I am really excited for the sprint on tuesday. We even checked out the final area in Chambery which also seems amazing.

Thanks for all of the support so far.




2 comments:

Black Mamba said...

Good luck!! go for gold!!

iPengo said...

Well done to Nic on the Long Q. Although as a % of winners time he was off his best ever (who wasn't against Gueorgiou in that terrain), he had his best-ever relative finish position at 72% of the field. Shows that the rest struggled more.